Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 27 - Me fui a trabajar con Sr. Justine

Today I went to work with Sr. Justine. We started with breakfast with Father Ramon and the sisters (I learned today that these are the Srs. of Charity of St. Vincent.)




The first stop was a school called San Gabriel. There were over 1,000 students at the school. Sr. Justine met with a few different classes to talk about vocation with them. She made a point to introduce me in the back of the room and have me tell the students who I was and where I was from. The students were excited to hear I was from the US, and then even more to find out New York. Sr. Justine started each of her presentations with a song, and all the students and teachers participated. She would then discuss vocations and encoraged students that religious vocation is also a choice.



Then we went to another school, Padre Hurtado where Sr. Justin met with individual girls that she had met on her previous trip to Los Angeles. At the end of the day, we went to a house of a family who had visited the house in Santiago. Maria Cristina, Berlin (not sure if I spelled correctly) and Luti. They were three very smart and beautiful girls. They showed me around the yard, naming all the trees, showed me pictures of their recent travels, and then played their instruments (flute and keyboards).



Of course, Sr. Justin got her hands on a guitar! (Every where we go someone hands one to her...she plays very well). The father (of course very proud of his daughters) joined us towards the end of the visit, mom was still working, and later brought us back to the convent.





Tommorrow Sr. Justin and I are going to the country with Father Ramon.

No comments:

Post a Comment