Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 31 - Los Angeles - Santiago - Winding down.

We left Los Angeles at 8:30 am. I didn't sleep too well last night. I think I got too much sleep on the bus from Valdivia to Los Angeles.

Nothing too exciting to report about the ride from Los Angeles to Santiago except that Sr. Justine is STILL laughing about my camera. This is my last photo in the "Sleeping Sister" series.















We arrived in Santiago around 3pm. I was supposed to go to Vina del Mar with Francisca, but she was busy and it turned out for the best. I was pretty tired. Plus, I had grand plans of baking cakes for the teachers at the school and making personalized photo cards for all the sisters.

Solange and I went to Jumbo around 6:00pm, to buy ingredients for my cake and get some photos developed. I was planning on making an applesauce cake, but couldn't find the ingredients I needed (applesauce for one) and settled on box cakes. I was running out of steam. After, I treated Solange to Dunkin Donuts while we waited for the photos to get developed.

The guy who works at Dunkin Donuts is so sweet. He is so nice to me every time I go there. After 5 days speaking English with Sr. Justin, I was having trouble ordering a hot chocolate and 2 donuts and a sandwich. He was so patient and then took time to explain to me that I would get a better deal if I got a value meal and just added another donut (so I did).

After the coffee I went back to the photo place to get my pictures, but they weren't ready. Solange and I had to go to mass in the chapel at 8:00. I told the people I would be back the next day. We jumped in a cab and raced home.

We went to mass, and then I was really ready for bed. Sr. John Marie said tomorrow was a day of reflection, so it would be very quiet. Apparently the sisters will not be able to talk all day.

I figure it will be perfect for my cooking/crafting plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment