Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 29 - !Por Favor!

For the past 3 days, I have been having nightmares of my pending travel home to the US, because I had a nasty (new) cold. I know it was just a cold because there was no fever, but what was getting me nervous was that there is no relief from the weather here in Los Angeles and Sr. Justin and I have a pretty busy schedule.


Everywhere we've gone...schools, office buildings, restaurants, is just wet and cold. I haven't washed my hair in 3 days...I can't bring myself to do it. It takes everything I have to get into the shower in the morning. I can't deal with a wet head.

The good news of the day is that my cold symptoms are pretty much gone. The cough is really mild and the nose is clear...Yahoo! Maybe it was all the mountain air yesterday or the oranges the sisters gave us for our trip. I have no idea.

Today was another yucky rainy day in Los Angeles. Sr. Justine had one school to visit this morning. It was a small school in Los Angeles. Father Ramon picked us up at 9:30AM to take us to the bus station to buy our tickets to Valdivia and then drop us off at today's local school. (Father Ramon is a busy guy. In addition to his work in the 10 schools he is responsible for, he also runs a radio program.)

I had suggested to Sr. Justine that we leave tonight and stay in a hotel (flashbacks again to my camping trip) so that we could have the whole day to enjoy the city. It is a 6 hour bus ride. I didn't want to do 12 hours of round trip travel in one day. I offered to pay for the expense of the hotel to guarantee that this would happen. Father Ramon told Sr. Justine that I would probably swing for a 5 star hotel, which I think is code for "make sure you go to a nice place, this girl really needs to wash her hair." Sr. Justine agreed. We bought our tickets to leave Los Angeles at 8:15pm.

This school visit was like all the others, Sr. Justine warmed the girls up with a song. This particular group really liked to sing and convinced Sr. Justine to do 2 songs...here is the video.



After the school, Sr. Justine and I had lunch and then she met with a few priests to talk about discussing vocations to students at the University level. Then we to a supermarket to buy some gifts for the Sisters of Charity, who have been taking such great care of us the last few days, and a little thank you for Father Ramon.

I don't know if I mentioned this previously in my blog, but the supermarkets will wrap gifts for you for FREE with bows and everything.












Our bus arrives in Valdivia at 1:00am on Friday.


View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. So there are no pics of you here for a reason : )

    Hope you found your 5 star accommodations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete