Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 19 - Hoy está lloviendo

Today was a rainy day. But the sisters (especially Sr. Marie Isabella) were excited for me because rain here means that there will be snow in the Andes...and that means some BEAUTIFUL photos and views for me tomorrow.

This morning I was back at the school. Fernando typed up my schedule last Friday and listed me as a "Spanish Student." At this point I think I am at the Kinder Level, though sometimes I surprise myself with new vocabulary.




My classes started at 8:30 with 1st grade math. I like the class with the little ones because they are so sweet and cute and tell me that I am pretty. Today, we worked on subtraction.

After that, I went to the high school literature class that if I understand correctly, were performing monologs that they wrote based on stories that they read by authors such as Edgar Allen Poe. I only figured this out when at the end of the last performance the professor asked them what they thought of the experience, and they expressed how hard it was for them to write and perform the monolog. The professor assured them that the grade was based on the questions she asked about story and not on the performance.




The last class was a 5th grade workshop class, in which the students are asked to express their creative side. The girls were given a color by the professor and asked to give a performance that represented their color. I didn't learn too many words from this excercise, but it was fun to watch. Here is a sample of the girls in action peforming the color red.




Tomorrow, I have another full morning...if the weather is good, I'll go for a little walk and get those pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment