Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 8 - Vuelvo a la normalidad y entonces vamos a Macul

Today was ¨Back to Normal¨ in Santiago and then on to Macul!

This morning, Sr. John Marie showed me how to use the washing machine, I helped Solange prepare lunch (hamburgers, rice and salad) and I joined Sr. Justin´s tour of the convent with some 4th graders.


















Then Sr. Justin and I went for a walk around the school and met some ¨Kinder¨ students as they were getting ready to leave for the day. Sr. Justin introduced me to a woman who is from Cienfuegos, the same town in Cuba as my father.
















At 4:00, Sr. Bernadetta picked me up and took me to the other house in Macul, which is about 20 minutes away from Santiago. They have another school here as well. I´ll be staying here with the Sisters until Saturday (when I return to Santiago just in time for Mass and BINGO with Sr. Justin and Solange).

In Macul, Sr. Bernadetta introduced me to Sr. Romilda, Sr. Alfonso Maria, and Sr. Sr. Assunta and Sr. Carmen. We had coffee, went to mass, had a small meal and then....you guessed it...Watched Las Tele Novellas.















Here are (approved) photos of Sr. Alfonso Maria, Sr. Romilda,and Sr. Annuncia with their beautiful craftwork.













How´s my Spanish doing??? Well, people seem to be talking a little slower for me, and that helps a lot. I noticed I do a little better earlier in the day, than in the evening when I am tired.


Ver mapa más grande

2 comments:

  1. Are you hooked on the telenovellas yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...but I am not sure exactly what is going on...I´m starting to catch on.

    ReplyDelete