Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home


At the convent, I was greeted by the sisters and a huge white dog with one ear that stands up and one ear that flops down. His name is “ Guaton,” which Sr. John Marie explains means big belly. She said he was a guard dog, but he was very friendly.
Sr. John Marie showed me my room and then took me to the kitchen for a bowl of soup and a glass of wine, and I met the rest of the sisters in the convent (It will be a few days before I remember all their names).





There were beautiful welcome signs for me all over the convent, and cards on my beside table and at the table where I ate.



Sr. John Marie said that the next few days were for getting comfortable, and then we are going north to Ovalle to visit the school there. Then back to Santiago, where we would figure out what I would do there.

As far as Spanish goes…I am frustrated by my lack of vocabulary. I understand more than I can express. I hope to be able to break through this and move on to the next level.


2 comments:

  1. I think the sign reads: What a pretty student we have with us, Barbara. Am I close?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pictured you staying in a warn out room with paint peeling off the wall and roaches running around. This is a luxury!

    ReplyDelete