Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 23 - !Hoy, Me siento SUPER BIEN!

I don't know what exactly was in that drink the sisters gave me last night (Sr. Luz Irene mentioned Honey and Lemon, and I am pretty sure some sort of alcohol) but I went to bed and woke up today feeling just fine. The sore throat is GONE.

Per the doctor's (I mean the the Sr's) orders, I stayed home today. Instead of going to classes, I reviewed some items on the computer with Sr. John Marie. She's working on translating a large document in Spanish about the Sisters of St. John the Baptist's founder, Bl. Alfonso Maria Fusco. I'm teaching her some advanced tricks on the computer to make her life a little easier.

At around 1pm we took a break for another fantastic lunch from Senora Elsa. Today's feast was a fancy salad, and homeade cheese and spinach ravoli. Sr. Marie Isabella reminded me to take a picture for my blog. I warned her if I take one more picture of food, my father might show up at the door of the convent. Well...here it is...




















Sr. John Marie had to go to the dentist, so while she was away, I scanned the rest of her document, so now all she has to worry about is fixing the translation. The english version has expressions like "peaches and creme" which doesn't really work here in Chile. When she came back around 4pm, she told me I should take a break, because it was time for coffe. And then there was another surprise, Sopapillas, which Sr. John Marie said was a treat that the chilean's like to have on rainy days. They were kind of like pancakes, but less cakey.














And just when I thought it would be a quiet evening I got a call from Francesca around 7:00 asking if I wanted to go to Starbucks for coffee. She picked me up, and we hung out until about 8:15, and I was back in time for the latest installment of Las Telenovellas.

And just before going to bed, I thought I would stop by the other house to see what Sr. Justin was up to (she was busy all day working on something for the girls). I soon learned that she was running a weekend retreat of sorts for girls from each grade who would be leading the formation of the school in the Baptistine spirit.

When I got there, at around 9:15pm, they were just having dinner. After they ate, the girls worked on setting goals, self evaluation and meditation, prayer and song. It was a nice evening. Apparently, they are spending the night in the house, with Paulina and Patricia (two of the teachers). Sr. Justin and I left around midnight. They start up early again (7:30 am)tomorrow morning. I'll be stopping by...a bit later.



Tomorrow I plan to rest a bit more, and start packing for my trip south.

1 comment:

  1. Before you come home, find out what was in the tea. I think you can market this sore throat remedy!

    ReplyDelete