Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 22 - Yo tengo un dolor de mi garganta, pero estoy bien.

Well today I woke up with a sore throat. Not surprising. Its fall here. The weather has gone from warm (just a sweatshirt in the evenings will do) to yucky rainy cold, to just cold.

I got up and went to Sr. Soyla’s 4th grade religion class. Today the girls were learning how to look up verses in the bible. They started the class with a song and dance to get their energy going. The girls seemed to really enjoy the class. Here’s a sample:



Then I came back for a cup of coffee and decided I didn’t feel like going to my next class. Sr. Anni said that if I wasn’t feeling well, I probably shouldn’t go. So I didn’t go. I hung out in the tv room with Solange while she worked on a project for Sr. Justin. Sr. Justin came by and gave me some vitamin C.

Senora Elsa made the most fantastic lunch ever, bifsteak con papas fritas (steak with French fries), and cebollas fritas (fried onions), con un huevo (egg). It was delicious. My favorite meal here so far.


At lunch, Sr. Anni and Sr. Justin told the other sisters that I had a sore throat, and that turned into them telling me going to bed after lunch, and all sorts of other medical advice, from over the counter medications (Trio-val (AKA Sudafed) to drinking tea with honey to drinking Whiskey (that one came from Sr. Marie Isabella). I'm willing to take whatever they tell me. I need to be healthy for my trip with Sr. Justin to the South.








I was feeling okay, so, I went to a 2:15 English class with Francisca (the teacher who is taking me out on Saturday night). The girls were learning the difference between A and AN and Some, Much and Many.















After class, I went to back to my room to take a nap (per the Srs. orders). At 7:30, Sr. Solya and Solange came to my room and asked me if I wanted to eat something, which turned to them bringing me my dinner to my room (so embarrassing…its just a cold), which was soup and some sort of drink concoction with honey and I think wine, which they promised would make me sleepy (which is has).

After my dinner in my room, I went to the TV room at 8:00 to watch Los Telenovellas (I’m hooked…not even a cold could keep me away.) Sr. John Marie said I shouldn’t go to classes tomorrow (fine by me). She's worried about me catching something from the kids.

So, now, I am going to bed, knowing I am very safe in the care of the Sisters. And very good news: my throat is feeling better already!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...so sweet of the Sisters! Hope you feel better.

    BTW, thanks for the postcard!

    ReplyDelete