Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 20 - "Mi cama no esta muy lejos del colegio!"

Today I was late for my first class (8th Grade Math). Only by a few minutes, but I really have no excuse. My bed is not very far from the school. In fact, if it was any closer, it would be IN the school.

Fernando, the director of the school, was apparently looking for me this AM (sometimes I stop by the teachers room) and he asked Sr. Anni where I was and she told him she thought I was still in bed, which wasn't true...but when he saw me later, he said he marked me absent today!!! (All in good fun).

Anyway...I sat in on the math class. They were doing fractions, and some of the girls were having trouble, which I could understand because I don't think they were paying too much attention. I'll just leave it at that.


After Math was a social science class with the 6th grade, followed by class with the second graders who I met in the Folklore class last week. They call me "Miiiissss Barbara" or "Tia" and give me hugs. So sweet. Today they went to the library and were doing a project with maps and the globe.

Unfortunately, there were no pictures of the Andes today. Its too foggy. Maybe tomorrow. If not, I learned today that Sr. Justin is arranging a trip for me with her about 10 hours south of here in Los Angeles. We will be away from Santiago for about a week. She said it is even colder there. Today it was pretty chilly! I might have to go clothes shopping...everyone here is way too small to borrow from and I only brought my fall clothes with me.


View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. Wow. 10 hours south is like going to Canada from NYC. Chilly!

    And I find it incredibly funny that you were late to class.

    ReplyDelete